Students, staff move into Hardesty Hall

Hardesty Hall has been in the works for almost a year and a half now and we are glad to see it finished.

On Wednesday August 16th students begun moving into the building, and the Center for Global Education, Career Services, Student Affairs, New Student Programs and English Institute have already moved in.

Associate Dean of Global Education and Director of Global Scholars Dr. Lara Foley said the CGE was grateful to have more space after moving out of the tiny house on sorority row where the Center for Global Education was previously located.

The departments were given the green light to move in on Friday August 7th and were mostly settled in by the 14th, just in time for Freshman Orientation.

CGE is located on the third floor and its hours are 8:30 – 5:00 every day. Students can make an appointment online or walk-in and talk to a student representative at any time.

Shelly Holly, the Director of Career Services, said the department was, “happy to finally be settled in a permanent location,” after being tossed around between John Rogers Hall and the Student Union for the last 2 years because of all the renovations going on.

Holly was excited to announce that career services now has 10 new interview rooms for recruiters to use and plenty of Job Fairs coming up right as school starts. The list of Job Fair and Open House Dates can be found on the Golden OpporTUnities website.

If you need help from Career Services for job-placement or building your resume they are available from 8:00 – 5:00 by appointment every day, or walk-ins on Wednesdays.

For students, amenities include luxurious lounges on each floor, a student kitchen, free laundry services and two free-standing closets in each room.