TYPros to host lobbying event

On Feb. 17, Tulsa’s Young Professionals (TYPros) will again go to Oklahoma City, as part of their annual Day at the Capitol.

Once a year TYPros takes a trip to the state capitol and spends the day lobbying to legislators for changes they would like to see in Tulsa.

Though this is advertised as a day of lobbying, anyone can attend and listen to what is happening in town or even attend the new Advocacy Happy Hour, which promotes in-state networking.

Tulsa’s Young Professionals’ “Bring it to Tulsa” campaign is an effort to show unfilled niches in Tulsa’s economy.

The Day at the Capitol began in 2006, when the Young Professionals came in support of a bill drafted by the Government Relations “crew” of the organization.

The event has seen success since then, recording an all-day attendance record at the Oklahoma capitol in 2011 and the passage of a bill mere hours after the Day at the Capitol last year—an extension of tax credits to Hollywood filmmakers.

TYPros is an organization that “provides its members with opportunities to build relationships with local community, business and government leaders and gives a voice to Tulsa-area young professionals aged 21–40 from all professions,” according to the organizations website.

Post Author: westanderson